The ESSO Advanced Course on Oncoplastic Breast Surgery, to be held in Barcelona on June 11-13, 2015, will be supported by a faculty of renowned experts in the field. This course represents an immersion into the new breast cancer surgery, where plastic surgery techniques are used in order to improve the oncological and esthetic outcomes of the patients.
The course, which is based on a hands-on approach, will be focused on topics such as the planning of treatments using different oncoplastic techniques or the methods used to improve the surgical margins and the patient’s satisfaction. The course is essentially practical and is based on worshops. The main goal of the course is for the surgeons to achieve the best esthetic outcomes in a breast cancer surgery, but without interfering with the proper treatment of the cancer itself.
- Enrichment of the knowledge of the different options available around the oncoplastic techniques for breast cancer
- Proper management of the indications and counter-indications for oncoplastic breast surgery
- Improvement of the esthetic results through the optimization of the surgical margins and increasing the rates of complete excision
- Plenary lectures
- Discussion sessions with videos
- Sessions about clinical cases and treatment planning
- Interns of General Surgery interested in breast surgery
- Interns of Breast Surgery and Surgical Oncology
- Surgeons specialized in breast diseases who received a traditional training
- Breast Surgeons who want to improve their technique
- Gynecologists interested in breast diseases or with a subspecialization in breast diseases
Coordinator of the course:
NH Stadium Hotel
Travessera de las Corts, 150-152